Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Welcome!

After years of blogging with my former college roommate, I've decided it's time to strike out on my own. I've lived all over the place since I started my previous blog, Catholics, Musicians, Students, in 2003: Washington, northern and southern California, and North Carolina. I'm now resident in the Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska, which is the inspiration for the title of this blog. I haven't yet endured an Alaskan winter, but came to look the place over in February of this year and moved in April, so I did get a little taste of the worst winter in 50 years, and I know I'll get my fill of snow soon enough. This blog will cover various aspects of life in Alaska, being Catholic, and my favorite topic: music, especially sacred music. My husband is a professional choir director/organist and I perform, teach private lessons, keep house, and sometimes write. I have a B.A. in Music, emphasis in Liturgical Music from a Catholic university, and unfinished graduate work in Historical Musicology from a private, secular university.

No comments:

Post a Comment